Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Walks with Dad

So yesterday I get home and tell my Dad... "Let’s go for a walk!"
 It had been so nice out all day, I think the high was somewhere in the high 60's? Anyways it was way to warm and sunny to sit in the house, so off we went on a little adventure.
There we were walking along and there where SO MANY people who had the same idea as us apparently! The park was crazy busy, and packed with people. They were fishing, biking, running, walking, ect. Dad and I well we were just on a leisurely stroll. After the first 10 minutes we where exhausted.
I guess that’s what your get for not being active ALL WINTER. Eck! We where both out of breath and in fact out of shape too! But you see Dad and I had told ourselves we would walk around the entire lake (3.1 miles) plus you have to add in the distance from our house to the lake... (About 0.4 miles) So in total we had a 3.5 mile walk, through some treacherous nature trails.
Needless to say we slowed WAY DOWN!

It’s amazing the thing you see when you slow down and look around, as we approached the campground on the other side of the lake. I had to see the bathrooms the (work guys) had just finished. And man did they look WONDERFUL… compared to the old ones. Then we hit the Duck Pond which is right before the nature trails. Well, there we stopped and looked at the bubbles that where coming from under the water.
 My Dad had informed me that he had, early that day, installed (insert big word) thing that would help the pond clean itself. You see my Dad in the Park Director... he claims to know EVERY INCH of that Park, and he does!
So then it was on to the nature trails and....


LOOK WHAT WE FOUND

                      And guess who did that tree rub? If you guessed Bambi's Daddy! Well your right!

I love that we were just strolling through the woods and Dad says "Look at the rub" He is such a Mans Man. Now to go with the rub there had to be tracks... well here they are.




                                                This is NOT BIG FOOT... it’s a DEER

Deer tracks are so interesting to me. We also found lots of other tracks, and deer trails. What you can find in the woods when you have someone with you that knows a thing or too. And for me that man is my Dad. He knows his stuff.
By the time we got home, it was suppertime. And let me tell you what, we were STARVING, sweating, and maybe a little smelly too. But what an Adventure we had!

............

Now y’all are probably asking, “Has she ever hunted before?” Well the answer is YES. Not with my Dad because he thinks I talk too much and would scare away the animals. This is a valid argument on his part, because the truth is I probably would!
But I got my first chance at hunting in OKLAHOMA! We had the bow, the eye paint, and a blind. All set to go, and I even got to share the experience with one of my best friends Lynn. (Check out her blog at lynndiehm.blogspot.com she’s a Gypsy Soul).
You see her “BOY FRAN” had decided to make my trip to “Okie” memorable. O and it was, because we saw NOTHING!!! Just brides, and a cow, that’s it.  But man did we look CUTE!
                                 And that my friends was my First Hunting trip experience!

PS. Those amazing Pink Camo sunglasses (on my head) broke on the plane ride home... Worst day ever!

~with beautiful leaves and abundant fruit, providing food for all, giving shelter to the wild animals, and having nesting places in its branches for the birds—Daniel 4:21

No comments:

Post a Comment